Women's Coastal Fly-In
October 10 - 13, 2019
5pm Thursday 10th October - 3pm Sunday 13th October, 2019
6 Participants (+ 1 Event Leader + 1 Helper. Total of 8 people)
$450 per person (+ ticketing charges). This includes:
- Shared cabin accommodation at the Reflections Holiday Park, Lennox Head
- All meals (excluding drinks), from Dinner Thursday night to lunch Sunday. Bring your own snacks.
- Endless logistical organisation :)
You will also need to pay your club membership of $20 to the Northern Rivers Hang Gliding & Paragliding Club.
This is a 3-day Fly-In so you will need to arrive on Thursday night to ensure you are ready to go on Friday. We will finish up after lunch on Sunday aiming for shorter flights so you can get back home on Sunday night.
We will use any non-flyable times to talk about instruments and weather forecasting tools, so bring your instruments and questions with you!
You will need all your own equipment and be happy to get sand in absolutely everything! In addition to your usual flying gear, you will need the following:
- UHF Radio
- Protective clothing (long sleeve tops etc)
- Swimmers (duh)
- Beach Towel
We have cabins with ensuites booked at Reflections Holiday Park, Lennox Head. You are likely to be sharing a room with a new paragliding buddy. It's not fancy but its convenient :)
Note that the map drop pin is not quite accurate - its the green park marked "Reflections Holiday Parks Lennox Head to the north :)
Lennox Head neighbours Byron Bay on the far north NSW Coast.
- You can fly into Ballina Byron airport which is a 20 minute drive from the accommodation.
Driving there. As a guide:
- 2.5 hour drive from Brisbane
- 9 hour drive from Sydney